Well…almost…you can still pop in and enjoy a coffee at Inchmeal Cafe between 10am-3pm until Saturday 31st December.
Then Our Little Caravan and Inchmeal Café will re-open On Wednesday 18th January from 7am.
It has been a big year, at OLC HQ
- We’ve continued to run craft workshops and birthday parties for children in Mabel the vintage caravan. We’ve added baby showers and hen’s parties for the grown-ups to our party options too.
- Our community of independent artists, crafters and designers continues to develop – bringing beautiful handmade products to the general public by way of a fresh, fun, co-operative wrapped in a gorgeous little boutique – it’s a shopping oasis in Notting Hill! We will be profiling these amazing people in 2017. This month you can read about Sarah. http://wovenbysociety.com.au/stories/weaving-stories-trough-craft-sarah/
- We introduced more exciting craft workshops including candle making, felting, dying, and more recently DIY terrariums with Jem. We are looking forward to opening up OLC as a venue for other makers that would like to run their own creative workshops for either adults or children in 2017 – contact us for further information if renting OLC to teach workshops interests you.
- We held meet-ups for a variety of different interest groups – including book clubs, craft clubs, blog writers and became a popular bus excursion venue for aged care residents.
- We partnered with the Notting Hill Neighbourhood House to hold craft markets. These will continue in 2017.
- And finally (but the best of all) We welcomed Anne, who brought the best coffee in Notting Hill right to our front doorstep when she opened Inchmeal Café in September 2016.
I (Christina) personally want to say the most heartfelt thank you from myself and my family for all the support you have shown My Little Caravan this past year. Thank you for visiting Our Little Caravan:the collective store and for bringing your friends and your family along with you.
We have had the most wonderful time meeting you all and creating with you and we cannot wait to welcome you again in 2017.
- We have some awesome Kid’s workshops coming up in the holidays and we have started planning our 2017 classes for grown-ups too, so we so hope that you find something that tickles your fancy and entices you to join us in the new year. Every day in Our Little Caravan: the collective store there is something new, it’s a really dynamic place full of inspiration and gorgeous things
- DON”T FORGET our yarnbombing project! The street pole we’re decorating has a diametre of 20cm. (For those of you who missed our last newsletter- our aim is to draw attention to the street pole that directs you to Our Little Caravan&Inchmeal Cafe which is at the intersection of Westerfield Dve and Ferntree Gully Rds.)
Until then, Happy New Year! And may 2017 be everything you dream of and hope for… and then some.
The OLC Team
January 2017 Holiday Program
Our Little Caravan and Inchmeal Café will re-open On Wednesday 18th January at 7am for coffee. A variety of low cost, simple DIY craft is available for you to choose from in the store. We will run 6 Crafternoon Workshops for children during January. See below for details. Bookings essential for workshops.
All our workshops are small, intimate and hands on classes, so you can get the maximum benefit out of your time and with your teacher. Bring a friend, and the cost per person is discounted!
Price for My Little Caravan crafternoon workshops: $45 for 1 child, $80 for 2 children, $105 for 3 children, $120 for four children
Friday Jan 20th 10-12pm
Wednesday 25th Jan 10-12pm
Children’s Terrariums with Jem from Source Koncept
$55 each child and $45 if you bring a friend
Details and bookings: email email@example.com
In this class you can create your own terrarium, and build on it with pieces available from our store. You will come up with a theme for your garden. Romantic and English, or peaceful and simple. Will parties be held there or is it a fairy-tale garden? A little pond with a bridge, or do dinosaurs roam the landscape? The possibilities are endless. All materials and morning tea supplied.